Sunday, January 11, 2009

New Stuff

Mom and I did a little bit of shopping in Paducah, KY and then a little more while she was here in Georgia. Here is the new stuff I bought:

All of this is from JoAnn's for the new 2009 Block of The Month quilt called Memory Lane - Hopefully I will get started soon so you will be seeing a lot of it :-).

These are the first Moda fabrics I have purchased. I really like this package. I haven't figured out what I am going to make yet, but it should be fun.

I picked these up at Hancock's in Paducah - it is supposed to be the best quilting store in the US, I was not really that impressed but I did pick up this bunch of fat quarters and some more military fabrics for my honey :-). He always says he got jipped and has the smallest quilt I have made (his also happened to be the very first) so one of these days I am going to make him a really big quilt.


Sorry - I didn't take pictures of the fat quarters I bought at Sweet Home in Conyers, but I must say I love this little shop.... It is this cute little house with a great porch and old hardwood floors (You think thats my style :-)?). I will be back. Mom bought this great wall quilt patten of big sunflowers. It is all applique, which is not my thing but it was so pretty.

2 comments:

Quilter In Paradise said...

I like the fabrics -- never been to Hancocks... is it really not that great? Their catalogs have SO much fabric I thought it would be just wa wonderful place to visit.
Beth

AJ said...

Unfortunately, I was not that impressed but my mom thinks it’s wonderful I guess it’s a personal preference. They didn’t have anything I can’t buy online, but my mother feels like she has to see and touch fabric. I prefer Jo-Ann’s (cheaper) or if I really want a brand like Moda, a quilt shop.