Friday, December 2, 2011

Recent Projects

Somewhere along the way I picked up this book, no telling where or how long ago but I found it when I was unpacking my sewing room. It looked really interesting and since I have never taken an official sewing class I decided to do the projects in order and learn all of the little tricks to sewing that I never learned. It has been great. Sometimes in life we all should slow down and go back to the basics. I've learned things about my machine that I probably should have known long ago and I'm only on the 4th project.

So Project 1 was to create a stitch sampler. I won't bore you with that, it was a little tedious but I'm glad I finished it. Since I am mainly a quilter I have little use for special stitches. I was pretty surprised by all the stitches my machine produces. There was also an applique project.

Project #3 was a free hand stitch. The purpose is showing you how to release the foot and self guide. I never knew this was possible....

Project #4
A simple napkin with pretty corners. This is another thing I never would have thought to make, especially since they are so cheap these days but I enjoyed making it and plan to make many more since we are a place mat and napkin fam.

Next project is a placemat - not sure when I will get to that. But I will try to remember to post.

3 comments:

Starwood Quilter said...

I enjoyed reading your blog. It's currently snowing at my home in Colorado, and I'll be working on my Farmer's Daughter quilt. I'm matching quilt blocks to my grandmother's 1916 diary entries, written the year she turned 21. I include a diary entry with each post. I'd love you to visit!
http://www.starwoodquilter.blogspot.com/2011/12/friendship-block-quilt-block.html

Priscilla Kibbee said...

Hi. Love the blog. I visit Kathmandu often and was there in February visiting former students. I volunteered in schools in Boudha for 3 different years and love to re-visit. I am also a quilter and make wearable art. I am on my way to India to teaching sewing in Jodhpur for a month. pkibbee@aol.com
www.priscillakibbee.blogspot.com
www.priscillakibbee.citymax.com

eija k said...

Greetings from Finland. You have beautiful work.