Sunday, August 31, 2008

I am re-upholstering.....

My husband received this entire set of furniture from his dad, who is no longer with us. We have had it as long as we have been together and it was our first sofa for years, before the dogs got a hold of it and did a great job of tearing it up. We stuck the whole set in the garage with the hope that one day I would take a class and figure out how to re-upholster. When we bought this house, we decided the basement was "the man cave" and this set was one of the important things that had to be setup for my husband to be able to use - this means I have to get to work. Well of course, I HATE classes so I didn't take a class, I did a little research online and decided I was ready. Of course it probably would have been very helpful to take some before pictures - sorry :-). This first picture is the couch with just the bottom lining almost complete - I have to put some tacks in a few places.
This is how the cushions will look, they just need to be covered. This whole furniture thing is really a whole lot easier than it looks.
Here is a picture of the couch so you can get a general idea of what the loveseat looked like.

No comments: